Instantly replace your tape backup with UBD for faster, more secure backups and restores. UBD is a fibre channel appliance that plugs into your IBM i instead of your tape drive and supports the same CL and backup commands you’re already using. Built in deduplication and replication simplifies your backup process and increases your Disaster/Recovery protection. UBD supports backup for IBM i, Linux, AIX, and Windows servers. UBD is also available as a Windows VM. View UBD Expert Testimonials »
“There’s a continual drain placed on IT resources today caused by the time-intensive manual processes inherent with using tape for backup and recovery. This negative impact is eliminated with UBD.”
–Brad Jensen, CEO of Electronic Storage Corporation, makers of UBD
UBD Uses Current IBM i Commands
- Because UBD uses current IBM i tape commands, the switch to using UBD is fast and easy.
- Simple installation takes minutes. Our customers are amazed at how easy it is to install. Unplug your iSeries or AS/400 tape drive and plug in UBD. Most customers are able to install UBD in under an hour.
- Training is simple because UBD doesn’t require programming changes from your current IBM i backup processes.
- Experience the benefits of UBD with a live online demo and get a $50 Amazon Gift Card.
“I have recommended UBD to other iSeries users because of the ease of use and improved speed we have seen in our backups. It’s a great product backed by great customer service.”
– Downstream Casino View Testimonial Page
Use UBD for Onsite Backups
- Use UBD for faster, more reliable daily backups and restores via SAVLIB/SAVOBJ, Save 21, BRMS, Robot/SAVE or any other backup software package without programming changes.
- Simplify the backup and recovery process by replacing the need for physical tape, saving hundreds of hours and providing better protection for your data.
- No more getting up to retrieve and load one or more tape cartridges. You can use the UBD browser-based interface to create and load a new tape image before backup, eliminating all of the manual processes involved with the physical handling of tapes.
- To create tapes for offsite storage, use the UBD Tapeout Option.
“The best way to understand how UBD works is to see it. Watch this quick introductory video to see how you would ‘load a tape‘ with tapeless backup.”
-Ax Synar, VP Solutions
To see more, check out pre-recorded live webcasts..
► VM Integration Option
- Now compatible with VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, and other popular hypervisors.
- A dedicated server for UBD is no longer required.
- With the VM integration option, businesses save by not having to invest in new hardware, the only purchase being the UBD software which comes with the necessary Fibre Channel card.
► Tapeout Option
- The Tape-Out Option allows you keep tapes for long term and archival storage to satisfy regulation while getting the benefits of UBD for your on-site backups.
- Save your backups to your off-site DR location, knowing your iSeries backups are reliable, complete and secure.
- Can also be used as a gateway device to store backups on your NAS, SAN or any deduplication appliance, such as NetApp, Quantum, Exagrid, EMC Avamar, and Cohesity.
- Compatible with all iSeries or AS/400 cloud backup solutions that support Windows files.
“UBD saves a lot of time for us. Previously our daily backups took 30-45 minutes to start, now they start in 10. And the best part about using UBD is the ease of doing a restore.”
– City of Manhattan, Kansas View Testimonial Page
Faster Backups and Restores
- Backups and restores are much faster than tape.
- Partial restores of individual libraries or objects can be many times faster, because the restore command doesn’t have to seek sequentially through tape media. Instead of taking half an hour to read the tape, the restore can take thirty seconds in some cases.
- LaserVault has increased Fibre Channel write throughput with UBD to an amazing 409MB/second. See how this compares to tape backup.
- For the fastest backups for your IBM i, use UBD to backup to SSD. With speeds of up to 500 MB/sec, you can significantly shorten your backup windows and get quicker access to your data with the fastest recovery speeds.
- UBD and SSD allows you to boost your backup functionality while simplifying your backup process.
“In this short video, Butch Nelms, IBM i Administrator at Mizuno USA, talks about using UBD virtual backup for their two AS/400 servers.”
– Rick Wilson, Solutions Engineer
Considering Using UBD for Backup and Restore?
Modernize Your Backups
- Automated backups eliminate the manual processes and costs of tape.
- Automate your iSeries or AS/400 backups so they can be managed from anywhere because there are no physical tapes involved.
- Supports CL commands for automating the tape image creation and selection from the IBM host side. It’s like a Virtual Tape Library (VTL) without the complicated software, operation requirements and high cost.
“Being able to have virtual backups instead of using tape was an integral part of our DR plan. We can now easily and automatically take frequent snapshots of our data. We use UBD with both our production and development AS/400s. We just upgraded from a Power5 to a Power 8 and the transparency of using UBD is seamless. The transition from the operational and CL side was very easy.”
– 36th District Court, Detroit View Testimonial Page
UBD is Perfect for Any Size Budget
- If you currently have an iSeries, AS/400 or System i, UBD is available in a variety of configurations to meet your business needs and your budget.
- UBD doesn’t care about the size of your backup. The size is limited only by your storage device.
- How much does physical tape for your data protection cost your company? We used our cost of tape worksheet to show you what one company was spending. Here are the results.
- Get a fast, reliable and secure backup solution at an affordable price.
Take 30 minutes and let us show you a quick UBD online demo. See how you can speed up and simplify your backups. Receive a $50 Amazon gift card when you see the online demo. Schedule a time that’s convenient for you. All it takes is 30 minutes.
LaserVault Solutions are also available through our Reseller Partners around the globe.